Today’s Story of the Day is “Autumn Cleaning”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because there is always so much emphasis on spring cleaning. I know I like to do a good cleaning in the fall too, just to prepare for winter. There are summer clothes to be put away and winter clothes to be brought out. There is always a lot of dirt and dust tracked into the house during the summer months but there never seems to be time to get to it in the summer. I think autumn cleaning is just as important as spring cleaning.
- Little Crow – a very small crow
- Grandma – she takes care of Little Crow and he adores her
- Jake – Little Crow’s cousin, who always teases him
Moral of the Day
- Don’t tease anyone or you may find yourself doing some autumn cleaning.
- Example: Jake was teasing his cousin Little Crow and Grandma made Jake sweep the front porch.
Word of the Day
- cleaning – It is very important to do a thorough cleaning job.