Today’s Story of the Day is “The Troll Family Rake the Leaves”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Part of the fun of living in Canada, in the autumn season, is raking the autumn leaves. We rake them into a huge pile and then we jump in them. It is not uncommon to see entire families, outdoors, jumping in the leaves. We throw the leaves at each other and once our pile of leaves are spread out all over our lawns, we take the rake and rake the leaves back up again. This is a good wholesome way for families to spend some quality time outdoors before the nasty winter weather is upon us.
- Troll Daddy – a very hard-working father
- Troll Mother – loves her family to bits
- Troll Sister – very helpful
- Troll Brother – kind and considerate
- Troll Baby – the youngest member of the family
- Troll Puppy – very active and likes to get himself into trouble
Moral of the Day
- It would be fun for the whole family to pitch in and rake the leaves.
- Example: The Troll family started to rake the leaves but then their puppy jumped in them. They all saw the fun Troll Puppy was having and they joined in too.
Word of the Day
- leaves – In Canada, the prettiest autumn leaves are the ones that fall from a maple tree.