Today’s Story of the Day is “Poor Mountain Family’s Pumpkins”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story to give awareness to the fact that working hard will always pay off in the end and also to the fact that there are families in this world that struggle with money each and every day. A little bit of extra money in these families’ pockets sure does go a long way.
- Poor Mountain Mother – a very loving mother to her family
- Poor Mountain Father – struggles everyday to keep his family fed
- Poor Mountain Sister – a very gentle and kind soul
- Poor Mountain Brother – understands what it is like to live without a lot of money
Moral of the Day
- Hard work always pays off in the end.
- Example: Poor Mountain Mother worked hard to grow over a hundred pumpkins. It was an opportunity for the family to have a little extra money in their pockets.
Word of the Day
- money – It is nice when a poor and deserving family get a little bit of extra money.