Today’s Story of the Day is “The Poor Mountain Family and Fall by the Lake”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because I feel it is important to get children outdoors as much as possible. Being outdoors is great for their health and well-being. Children these days do spend too much time indoors. If they want to learn about nature and wildlife, they really can’t do it while sitting indoors.
- Poor Mountain Mother – a very caring and loving mother
- Poor Mountain Father – will do anything he can to try and make his family happy
- Poor Mountain Sister – very loyal and kind
- Poor Mountain Brother – dedicated to his family
Moral of the Day
- It is good to take your school projects outdoors whenever possible.
- Example: Poor Mountain Mother wanted to take the children to the lake for the day but the two children had school projects to work on. Poor Mountain Father suggested the children do their projects at the lake.
Word of the Day
- outdoors – A child can learn a lot more by being outdoors on a regular basis.