Today’s Story of the Day is “The Lonely Scarecrow”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because I know that being lonely is not very good. A person who is lonely has nobody to confide in, nobody to talk to and nobody to share their triumphs with. It is difficult to be lonely. Loneliness can cause people to become depressed. When a person feels lonely, they may isolate themselves and that just makes matters worse.
- Lonely Scarecrow – he is very lonely and would like nothing more than to have a friend.
- Joshua – the owner of the farm.
- Penny – Joshua’s wife and creator of the scarecrows.
- Ron – owns the farm right next door to Joshua and Penny.
Moral of the Day
- Even scarecrows get lonely.
- Example: Lonely Scarecrow was very lonely. He wanted someone to sit with, talk with and someone he could love.
Word of the Day
- lonely – The Lonely Scarecrow lets the owners of the farm, Joshua and Penny know that he is lonely.