Today’s Story of the Day is “A Blue Christmas”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because there are so many people who hurt during the holiday season. So many people have lost loved ones, are lonely or are destitute. These people just need a little helping hand and some love, affection and attention. We should all learn to reach out more to people in need during the holidays so that they can enjoy the holiday season, even just a little.
- Mrs. Wilson – was not looking forward to spending Christmas alone.
- Paul – Mrs. Wilson’s son, who lost his wife and son in a car accident and was very sad about Christmas.
Moral of the Day
- Try to spend as much time with family as you can over the holidays.
- Example: Mrs. Wilson was particularly sad one Christmas, until her son, Paul showed up to spend Christmas with her.
Word of the Day
- sad – There are a lot of people in the world who are very sad over the holidays.