Today’s Story of the Day is “Poor Mountain Family’s Christmas”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because it seems that the Poor Mountain Family has to work extra hard to be able to give their children the Christmas they deserve. So many people these days tend to concentrate on the money factor of Christmas and not the joy and happiness they should be concentrating.
- Poor Mountain Father – tries to give his family the best Christmas they possibly can have
- Poor Mountain Mother – loves her family very much
- Poor Mountain Sister – very devoted to her family
- Poor Mountain Brother – very close to his sister and parents
- Pete – a co-worker of Poor Mountain Father
Moral of the Day
- Christmas gifts don’t make people happy, caring about one another does.
- Example: The Poor Mountain family worked very hard before Christmas so the they would have enough money to have a very nice Christmas.
Word of the Day
- gifts – Gifts are material items that people share with each other