Today’s Story of the Day is “New Year Resolution”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Each one of us has tried to make and keep New Year resolutions. Making one is easy to do but it is very difficult to keep. In this story, I show how Fawn and Spot decided to be kind to others for their resolutions. They make it look very easy to do and in reality, it is very easy to do. Instead of thinking of harsh words to say to others, think of something nice to say instead. Instead of thinking of ways of revenge, think of ways you could help.
- Fawn – wanted to make a New Year resolution to be kind to others, so he held a yard sale
- Spot – helped Fawn with his yard sale
- Mr. and Mrs. Hansen – donated money to Fawn for a charity he was donating the proceeds of his yard sale to
- Ricky and Jenny – also donated money to Fawn
Moral of the Day
- Make it your resolution to be kind and to help others.
- Example: Fawn’s resolution was to be kind and to help others. He held a yard sale and made $200 to donate to people in need.
Word of the Day
- resolution – We usually try to make one on New Years but very seldom do we keep it very long.