Today’s Story of the Day is “Polar Bear Dip – New Year Day”.
Link to the Story – Polar Bear Dip – New Year Day
Background of Story
There is one thing I will never do on a New Year Day and that is the polar bear dip. I will never knowingly torture myself by dunking myself in freezing cold water. There are supposed to be benefits to your health for dipping your body in cold water however, is the freezing cold water temperatures worth it.
I just don’t know how people could expose themselves to the cold winter weather plus, endure the temperature of the freezing cold water in the lake. It is hard enough time dipping my toes in cold water when I go swimming in the summer weather. I have seen people do this on television and it makes me shiver thoroughly, through and through. This is definitely not something that I would want to do.
- Fawn – was restless on New Year Day
- Spot – knew Fawn was up to no good so, she went and rescued him
Moral of the Day
- Polar Bear dips on New Years Day aren’t for everyone.
- Example: Fawn wanted to do a polar bear dip but he wasn’t planning on tripping on a rock preventing him from getting out of the water.
Word of the Day
- dip – A dip in icy cold water is never a good idea, as far as I am concerned.