Today’s Story of the Day is “The Blizzard”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I have lived through some pretty bad storms in my life. However, the one that stands out in my mind the most was the Ice Storm of 1998. I remember there was ice everywhere and even though it was very dangerous, it was the prettiest site I had ever seen. The prettiness of it didn’t last too long in my memory though as I do remember there being live hydro wires laying across one of the streets. There were sparks coming up from it as well. That was very dangerous.
- Sarah – was worried about her dad because he wasn’t home from work yet
- Mother – tried to take Sarah’s mind off her dad
- Dad – finally made it him in the blizzard
Moral of the Day
- Learn to survive a blizzard.
- Example: Sarah and her mother survived while they waited for Daddy to come home in the blizzard.
Word of the Day
- blizzard – A blizzard can be a very dangerous winter storm.