Today’s Story of the Day is “Wintertime”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
There are times when we do try to put off doing important tasks and then it seems to always backfire on us. However, when it comes to things like surviving a cold, Canadian winter, it is foolish of us to even think about putting off important tasks. We should always have plenty of food, fresh water and a source of heat. In Canada, our winters can be quite brutal and it is important that we be prepared.
- Chester Chipmunk – just wanted to spend the day playing
- Suzie – Chester’s sister. She made sure Chester went with her to collect acorns for the winter.
Moral of the Day
- Don’t put off important work for another time.
- Example: Chester Chipmunk wanted to put off collecting acorns but his sister, Suzie convinced him to do it now.
Word of the Day
- prepared – We must always be prepared for our brutal Canadian winters.