Today’s Story of the Day is “Slow-Poke’s Icy Walk”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
In Canada, during winter, we do have to watch out for ice. Ice is one of the most dangerous aspects of winter. I know I have fallen several times on the ice and I can tell you it hurts. I have been lucky because I have not hit my head on the ice.
- Slow-Poke – wanted to go outside and play
- Mother – could barely stand to see Slow-Poke walk on the ice outside
Moral of the Day
- Always help someone before they get hurt.
- Example: Mother laid down some sand on the ice so Slow-Poke wouldn’t slip.
Word of the Day
- ice – Ice is one of the most dangerous aspects of winter in Canada.