Today’s Story of the Day is “Mr. Winter and Penelope”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Thinking about this story, wouldn’t it be nice if we really did have control over winter weather. It would be nice if we could just turn up the temperature on the thermometer if we wanted a warm winter day and if we wanted to have snow, then just turn the temperature down. I think Mr. Winter has it made. Mr. Winter does have a habit, though, of abusing his power over winter weather. When the mood strikes him, he will adjust the temperature accordingly. That is what I see as a problem for anyone who had power like Mr. Winter has. We would eventually abuse it, some sooner than others.
- Mr. Winter – angry at the world because Penelope married someone else
- Penelope – she married someone else
- John – Mr. Winter’s neighbour who tried to get Mr. Winter’s thinking about what else in the world makes him happy
Moral of the Day
- Don’t be greedy for power.
- Example: Mr. Winter realized he doesn’t need people. He realized he just needs his power, but will this be a good thing for him.
Word of the Day
- power – It is not a good idea to abuse any kind of power of people that we may possess.