Today’s Story of the Day is “Billy’s Valentine’s Surprise”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
When our loved ones think outside of the box on Valentine’s Day, just like Billy Troll did for Dianne, it is much better than giving the traditional flowers and chocolates because then, it shows us that our loved one cares enough to actually put some thought into our Valentine’s Day gift. If someone did that to me, it would be the best Valentine’s Day gift ever.
- Frank Troll – owner of the florist shop and he reminded Billy Troll that Valentine’s Day was coming up
- Billy Troll – had forgotten all about Valentine’s Day because he was too busy concentrating on his upcoming concert
- Dianne Troll – lost her ticket to Billy’s concert but Billy told her to meet him at the door to the gymnasium and he would let her in. He also had a surprise for her.
Moral of the Day
- It is good to think outside of the box on Valentine’s Day.
- Example: Billy Troll let Dianne perform with him onstage at his Valentine’s Day concert. That was his Valentine’s Day gift to her.
Word of the Day
- special – Billy wanted to give Dianne a very special Valentine’s Day gift.