Today’s Story of the Day is “Forgetful Fred Forgets his Christmas Stocking”
Link to the Story
Background of Story
No matter how prepared we are for the holidays, it always seems like we forget something. Usually we forget to buy someone a gift or forget where we have hidden them. I know I have forgotten to hang Christmas stockings but, I also know I have never replaced them with smelly work socks. I don’t think Santa Claus would appreciate that too much.
- Forgetful Fred – forgot to hang his Christmas stocking and used dirty socks instead
- Sarah – Forgetful Fred’s wife who was sleeping when Forgetful Fred used the dirty socks for stockings
- Santa Claus – didn’t like Forgetful Fred’s choice of Christmas stockings
Moral of the Day
- Santa Claus doesn’t like the smell of dirty socks.
- Example: Forgetful Fred forgot to hang his stocking so he used a pair of his dirty work socks.
Word of the Day
- stockings – We hang our Christmas stockings by the fireplace each Christmas Eve.