Today’s Story of the Day is “Christmas Safety”
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because we need to be safety conscious during the holidays as well as the rest of the year. Just because it is the holiday season, there are some people that do throw all caution to the wind and they seem to forget about being safe. There are a lot of unsafe things we do during the holidays, such as, cutting ourselves while chopping wood for the fireplace, cutting ourselves while carving the turkey, slipping on ice, losing power by plugging in too many Christmas lights in one socket, etc. We must keep our wits about us, even during the holidays.
- Safety Kid – noticed Santa Claus left his boots out and Mrs. Claus almost tripped over them
- Travelin’ Rick – checked the sled dog that had hurt his paw on the ice
- Guide – took Safety Kid and Travelin’ Rick to Santa’s castle
- Santa Claus – left his boots out in a place where someone could trip on them
- Mrs. Claus – almost tripped on Santa’s boots
- Elves – the elves knew to wear safety googles when using a chisel
Moral of the Day
- Even Santa Claus has to be safe.
- Example: Safety Kid gave Santa Claus advice on being safe in his castle.
Word of the Day
- safety – We must all practise safety procedures even during the Christmas holidays so that we don’t get hurt.