Today’s Story of the Day is “Forgetful Fred Forgets Christmas”
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I wrote this story because I am sure there are lots of people that would like to sometimes forget about Christmas. Either they have had a stressful year or they just don’t have the money for Christmas. Christmas is just too commercialized and too many people think they should be getting expensive Christmas gifts, every Christmas. Christmas isn’t just about receiving gifts. It is about love, joy, hope and friendship.
- Forgetful Fred – He really did forget about Christmas but didn’t want his wife to know.
- Sarah – Questioned her husband about whether he forgot it was Christmas Day, when she saw him dressed in a business suit on Christmas morning.
Moral of the Day
- Sometimes it is good to purchase your Christmas gifts way ahead of time.
- Example: Forgetful Fred had purchased his wife, Sarah’s Christmas gift right after Christmas the year before.
Word of the Day
- forgetful – Being forgetful might be a sign that you are under too much stress.