Today’s Story of the Day is “Subway Sam’s Christmas”
Link to the Story
Background of Story
I used to work in downtown Toronto and took the TTC subway to work each day. At Christmas time, I would always see elderly people on the subway who were alone and they always looked so sad. I often wondered if these people had a warm place to stay, had a family to go home to and a warm meal to look forward to. I sure hope they did.
- Subway Sam – very helpful individual who helps people on the subway in Toronto
- Elderly woman – Subway Sam invited her to share Christmas with him and his family
Moral of the Day
- We should take more notice of elderly people at Christmas, who are all alone.
- Example: Subway Sam invited an elderly woman home to have Christmas with him and his family.
Word of the Day
- alone – Nobody should have to spend the Christmas holidays alone.