Today’s Story of the Day is “Tiki Bug’s Christmas Smile.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Tiki Bug is a Storyland character that shows up when Stephanie is feeling down or upset. It would be nice if we all had a Tiki Bug, someone or something that would show up when we are feeling down or upset, someone to listen to our problems and be there for us. We need to all be Tiki Bugs to one another.
- Stephanie – upset that she wasn’t going to get what she wanted for Christmas
- Mother – knew she had to work extra hours to be able to afford the doll Stephanie wanted for Christmas
- Tiki Bug – showed up to help Stephanie realize that she may not get what she wanted for Christmas
Moral of the Day
- Jealousy is a terrible thing.
- Example: Tiki Bug told Stephanie how she was jealous when her friends got a cupcake doll for Christmas and she didn’t get one.
Word of the Day
- jealousy – Jealousy is what ruins a lot of good friendships.