Today’s Story of the Day is “Frisky – A Winter Bear”.
Link to the Story – Frisky – A Winter Bear
Background of Story for Frisky – A Winter Bear
Our winters in Canada can be anywhere between brutally harsh and gorgeously mild. The problem is we never know what type of winter we are going to get unless we are right in the middle of it. In order to survive out winters, we have to prepare for them. We must make sure we have extra food on hand and supplies in case our power goes out.
If we do not prepare for bad weather, we can find ourselves in some pretty bad predicaments, just like Frisky did. We can find ourselves without food, without power and without power alternatives such as candles and a battery-operated flashlight and radio.
- Frisky – a bear who does not prepare himself properly for bad weather
- Mrs. Squirrel – helps Frisky by giving him some much needed food
- Mr. Chipmunk – called Frisky a fool for not preparing himself
Moral of the Day
- Always be prepared for bad weather.
- Example: Frisky did not prepare himself for the bad weather ahead. Luckily for him, his friends helped him out.
Word of the Day
- prepare – In Canada, it is absolutely important that we prepare ourselves for upcoming winter weather.