Today’s Story of the Day is “Rancher Girl’s Cold January”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
It can be extremely cold in Canada during the winter months and living on a ranch, it can be brutal. Everyone must do what they can to survive, even if that means taking an orphaned or freezing cold animal into the house until it warms up so it can go back outdoors again. This is all part of living in Canada during the winter months.
- Rancher Girl – had to bring an orphaned calf into the house during the extreme cold weather
- Aime – was grateful to get back to school after having to look after the orphaned calf with her mother
Moral of the Day
- Sometimes school isn’t so bad, after all.
- Example: Rancher Girl and her daughter, Aime, needed to look after their orphaned calf. Luckily for Aime, she had some time off school due to the extreme cold weather. She was glad, however, to go back to school after looking after the calf for a few days.
Word of the Day
- extreme – Sometimes winter weather in Canada can be extreme.