Today’s Story of the Day is “Groundhog Day”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Groundhog Day is when we find out from our furry rodent friend, the groundhog, whether we will have an early spring or not. Sometimes, as Fawn did in this story, we may find ourselves looking at the den of a different animal. If that happens, we may not find out if there is an early spring or not and we may be clearly disappointed.
- Fawn – was looking at a rabbit hole instead of a groundhog hole
- Spot – was able to find out there won’t be an early spring because she happened to be looking at the right hole
Moral of the Day
- We always hope that spring will come early.
- Example: Fawn and Spot went to look for a groundhog to see if spring would come early.
Word of the Day
- spring – Here in Canada, there are lots of people that wish for an early spring each year.