Today’s Story of the Day is “Poor Mountain Family’s Valentine’s Day”.
Link to the Story
Background of Story
Every mother can relate to what Poor Mountain Mother went through on Valentine’s Day. We have all had families that have tried to let us relax on Valentine’s Day and they do, always have the best of intentions. However, it is so much easier for us mothers to get the things we need ourselves. We know where we keep the sugar, we know where we keep the dish soap and we know where we keep the roasting pan.
- Poor Mountain Father – was being really sweet by giving Poor Mountain Mother the day off
- Poor Mountain Mother – appreciated what her family did for her on Valentine’s Day but knew it would be easier to do some things herself
- Poor Mountain Sister – was being sweet by offering to get the sugar but she couldn’t find it
- Poor Mountain Brother – was being sweet by offering to do the dishes but couldn’t find the dish soap
Moral of the Day
- A mother’s job is never done.
- Example: The Poor Mountain Family wanted to give Poor Mountain Mother a relaxing Valentine’s Day. However, she needed to help them find the sugar, find the dish soap and find the roasting pan for them.
Word of the Day
- relaxing – Relaxing is not usually in a mother’s dictionary.